The dance style was historically distinguished from country dance to elite social dance events. These changes according to occasions like invitational events, semi-invitational settings like hotels, public dance events, and formal competitions and lastly at professional dance exhibitions. Basically ballroom dances are of two types;
- Standard or Smooth dance is a country-folk dance or traditional dance like Waltz, Tango, and
- Latin dance involves dance based on rhythm with a hint of excitement like Samba, Cha-Cha, Rhumba, Jive, and etc.
Way to Master in Ballroom
Ballroom dances make everyone feel as if watching a Disney movie to attain this particular feeling one needs to learn from a perfect ballroom dance school which teaches techniques like
- Posture is very important in this dance unlike other dances and one needs to straighten their body and prevent leaning.
- While dancing one must feel as if they are with the most beautiful person in the world.
- Holding a partner very close but far enough to dance and man’s left hand should be entangled with women’s right hand.
Evolution into Formal Competitions from Public Dance Events
Ballroom dancers are mostly used for traditional family events, weddings, and some fundraising events until the mid-20th century. Many hotels, resorts also conducted Folk dances to please customers. Then came the era when dance teachers from different ballroom dance school started codifying the existing dance moves to invent new forms like Waltz. Some European television conducted competitions which have different versions like Changes, Samba, and Waltz. At some level, it also reached to the great Olympic figure skating.
It obviously makes you healthier and more active
Gauge all the other benefits in one side of the beam but the other side has your health, who don’t want to be healthy, dancing has a tremendously positive effect on your heart, lungs and helps you in being overall healthy. Also, on a lighter note, you might as well leave people awestruck by your performance along with your partner.
Private dance class
If you have knowledge about anything, regarding any skill, subject, art, or even studies, you want to spread it to others. So you construct your own class for that thing. For instance, you build up a tuition class, if you are studious. Your private class can be a source of income for you as well. So, the benefits are combined.
In the same way, you can build up your dance class. Amazingly, dance does not require a special classroom, table chairs, boards, stationery, etc. if you have a music system (even if you don’t), then also you can build up your own dance class, wherever you want.